How to Create a Group in e-mail
Setting up a group in e-mail is a great way to email the same group of people consistently without having to key in their individual email addresses each time. It's also a good idea to setup a group so you don't email an entire school when only some of the people need the information (ie all teachers, all classified, etc).
- Open email
- Click the Google Apps icon
- Choose "Contacts" from the drop down
- A new browser window will open showing contacts
- Note: emails being added to the group need to be added to contacts first if they are not already there.
- If adding WSD emails you can start to enter the email in the search bar and it will auto populate.
- If adding other email addresses they will also auto populate from the search bar if you have emailed them in the past. Otherwise, you can add them by creating a new contact.
- Select the contacts to add to the group
- Hover over name and box will appear beside name
- Click box to select contact
- Click the label icon at the top
- Choose "Create Label" from the drop-down menu
- Name the Group and click Save
Now when you compose an email just type the group name into the To: field and all the emails you added to the group will appear
- If you are sending to a group of parents you may want to put your own email in the To: filed and then BCC the parent group so they can't see all the other parent emails.